We strive so that "we are all working together to create a happy and stimulating
learning environment where everyone can develop their full potential"
Our values and aims are:
- To create a stimulating learning environment both indoors and outdoors where children feel safe, are eager to learn and have fun.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum with high expectations, which is planned, purposeful, challenging and inclusive.
- To develop children’s self-worth, confidence, understanding and respect for others, working independently and as part of a team.
- To work with parents as partners in the education of their children and to encourage them to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- As a village school maintain and develop links with the community and play a key role within it.
- To celebrate and share success however small.
- To foster understanding of the wider world and their role within it, encouraging imagination and a sense of wonder.
- To create the foundations for a lifelong love of learning.
Our school is part of a Pyramid Group which comprises:
- Shillingstone Primary School
- Okeford Fitzpaine Primary School
- Child Okeford Primary School
- William Barnes Primary School
- Sturminster Newton High
- Yewstock Special School
The Pyramid schools share many activities together and enjoy a healthy rivalry in sports.