A Message from the Headteacher
We strive so that "we are all working together to create a happy and stimulating
learning environment where everyone can develop their full potential"
Our values and aims are:
- To create a stimulating learning environment both indoors and outdoors where children feel safe, are eager to learn and have fun.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum with high expectations, which is planned, purposeful, challenging and inclusive.
- To develop children’s self-worth, confidence, understanding and respect for others, working independently and as part of a team.
- To work with parents as partners in the education of their children and to encourage them to be involved in all aspects of school life.
- As a village school maintain and develop links with the community and play a key role within it.
- To celebrate and share success however small.
- To foster understanding of the wider world and their role within it, encouraging imagination and a sense of wonder.
- To create the foundations for a lifelong love of learning.
We provide, through a broad and balanced curriculum, opportunities for all children to express their talents and experience success, thus promoting selfconfidence, self-belief and independence. We believe that when pupils are excited and enthusiastic about coming to school they will achieve very high standards and develop beyond their perceived potential.
We lead children to understand that they have rights as well as responsibilities within a caring and forgiving community. We encourage tolerance and respect for people, property and the wider environment. We see school as an integral part of the community and a place where all achievements are applauded. To this end we provide Breakfast and after-school clubs, and Pre-school and Toddler groups on site! To realise these aims we have a strong partnership of parents, teachers, support staff and governors all working together with the interests of the pupils at the core of this community.
Julie Sharpe, Headteacher