What is Happening in Kestrels this Autumn Term
This term in Kestrels class we are learning based on a topic ‘all about me’.
In Science this includes being able to:
• identify, name, draw and label the basic parts of the human body and say which of the body is associated with each sense. To
• notice that animals, including humans, have offspring which grow into adults .
• find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air)
• describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
In Literacy we will work through a series of units including
• stories in familiar settings
• fantasy stories
• signs and posters,
• information texts
• silly poems
• list poems.
In maths we have started working on number. We will be
• counting to 20 in 2s, 5s, 10s,
• more than and less than, finding one more than and one less than.
• We will be adding and subtracting, making sure children understand the + - and = signs.
• Year 2 will be working on 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
• WE will learn to recognise and use language relating to dates, including days of the week, weeks, months and years
• To tell the time to the hour and half past the hour (year 2 to quarter to and past) and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times.
We will also build upon our phonics knowledge as well as taking part in guided reading, music, PE (ball skills and gymnastics), PHSE (thinking about new beginnings) and RE. (What do Christians can do about God)
Added: 14th September 2017